Career Advancement and Mentorship Program (CAMP)
The Career Advancement and Mentorship Program (CAMP) is a new evening career planning workshop for women who are unemployed, underemployed or working in precarious jobs and want to transition to stable and sustainable employment. Under the guidance of an experienced career coach and facilitator, participants will explore their work-related skills, interests, and values, as well as make an action plan toward their career goals. Participants will be connected to a professional working in their field of interest through the CAMP.
During this eight-week (8-session) workshop, participants will:
- Meet one evening a week from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. for eight weeks
- Identify skills, interests and values through self-assessment activities
- Explore and research possible occupations in a group setting
- Research and understand the changing labour market
- Learn how to make a sound career decision
- Develop an action plan based on realizable goals
- Be connected to a professional in their field of interest
- Receive 1 one-on-one appointment, after the program, with a career strategist to solidify a career decision
- Contribute a $30 materials fee (plus $2.40 admin fee) for the Career Planning Workbook
Now recruiting for Tuesday April 18th. 4 spaces left
Contact Kary for more information and process of registration.
"The Career Planning Workshop at Times Change is a phenomenal opportunity to find clarity and direction in the otherwise chaotic process of career transition. the incremental nature of the program not only allows for conscious, actionable decision making that leads to outcomes but the in-depth nature of the process allows participants to move forward with confidence and purpose in moving forward."
~ Tasha, Career Planning Workshop Graduate
- Have a current individual income level of $36,114 or less (this could mean you are unemployed, underemployed or working in precarious jobs. For example, you may be working multiple jobs at minimum wage)
- Be unclear about their career direction or thinking about making a change
- Be able to commit to attend the program one evening a week for 8 weeks
- Be willing to be connected with a professional in their field of interest through the mentorship program
- Watch video…
- Participate in follow up program surveys
- Provide their Social Insurance Number at the time of registration
If you have an income over $36,114, you may consider: